Automates prescription refill requests, enabling seamless patient engagement while freeing up pharmacists to spend more time providing high-value clinical services
RALEIGH, NC, June 29, 2021 – EnlivenHealth™, a division of Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL) that builds industry-leading patient engagement technology solutions for retail pharmacies and health plans, today announced the launch of Personalized Interactive Voice Response (IVR), a new technology solution that automates patient communications and frees up pharmacists to spend more quality time with patients. As the first release of EnlivenHealth’s new omnichannel communications platform, Personalized IVR enables patients to seamlessly engage with the pharmacy via telephone without ever having to speak to a staff member.
Personalized IVR is a Software as a Service (SaaS) inbound recognition system that authenticates callers and delivers them to the correct pharmacy workflow. The solution leverages EnlivenHealth’s deep clinical expertise and advanced data analytics capabilities to provide a seamless, convenient, and personalized patient experience. Like all EnlivenHealth™ SaaS solutions, Personalized IVR will be continuously updated for customers.
Personalized IVR includes functionality to:
- Securely authenticate patients – The solution automatically recognizes patients by their phone number and securely authenticates them using Dual-Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) technology to capture their birth date.
- Automate prescription refills – Patients are presented with prescriptions ready to be refilled and any status updates on prescriptions already in the refill process. No need for patients to type in their prescription numbers, making the entire process easy, fast, and convenient.
- Support 24/7 responsiveness – By minimizing the time staff spends on the phone answering questions about refills, pharmacy directions and hours of operation, pharmacists can practice at the top of their license, providing revenue-generating clinical services.
These expanded features create a frictionless pharmacy experience that drives stronger patient satisfaction and increased script growth. Studies have shown that better patient engagement and communications produce measurably better patient adherence and health outcomes. The result is increased patient retention, improved quality scores, and higher revenue growth and profitability for pharmacies.1, 2
“Better patient engagement is critically important to not only improve adherence and patient retention, but also deliver significantly stronger pharmacy business results,” said Danny Sanchez, vice president and general manager of EnlivenHealth™. “Personalized IVR leverages innovative digital technologies to drive material gains in patient engagement by automating and optimizing patient/pharmacy communications. Equally important, our new communications platform helps pharmacies to streamline their workflows, freeing up pharmacists to get out from behind the counter to interact directly with patients. This gives pharmacists more time to spend on delivering value-added services such as vaccinations and point-of-care testing that improve patient health outcomes while also driving script growth.”
To learn more about the EnlivenHealth™ Personalized IVR solution, visit EnlivenHealth.co.
EnlivenHealth™ provides proven, advanced digital technology solutions for intelligent patient engagement and communications. Deployed by a national network of more than 30,000 retail pharmacies, the EnlivenHealth™ Patient Engagement Platform empowers pharmacies and health plans to significantly improve medication management, adherence and safety for their patient and member populations. EnlivenHealth’s portfolio of solutions help retail pharmacies and health plans to support lifelong optimal health, while measurably improving quality scores, retention and profitability.
Since 1992, Omnicell has been committed to transforming the pharmacy care delivery model to dramatically improve outcomes and lower costs. Through the vision of the autonomous pharmacy, a combination of automation, intelligence, and technology-enabled services, powered by a cloud data platform, Omnicell supports more efficient ways to manage medications across all care settings. Over 7,000 facilities worldwide use Omnicell automation and analytics solutions to help increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence, and improve patient safety. More than 50,000 institutional and retail pharmacies across North America and the United Kingdom leverage Omnicell’s innovative medication adherence and population health solutions to improve patient engagement and adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions. To learn more, visit www.omnicell.com or EnlivenHealth.co.
Eric T. Reese, EnlivenHealth™
1. Thakkar J, Kurup R, Laba TL, et al. Mobile Telephone Text Messaging for Medication Adherence in Chronic Disease: A Meta-analysis. JAMA Intern Med. 2016;176(3):340-349.
2. Brar Prayaga R, Jeong EW, Feger E, Noble HK, Kmiec M, Prayaga RS. Improving refill adherence in medicare patients with tailored and interactive mobile text messaging: pilot study. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2018;6(1):e30.