Omnicell’s EnlivenHealth™ Launches Member Vaccination Readiness to Prepare Health Plans and their Members for COVID-19 Vaccine
EnlivenHealth’s Industry-Leading Communications and Data Analytics Solutions and National Retail Pharmacy Network Support Health Plan Members’ Health and Safety During COVID-19 Vaccinations
RALEIGH, NC, December 22, 2020 – EnlivenHealth™, a division of Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL) and a leading provider of patient engagement and communications technology solutions for retail pharmacies and health plans, today launched Member Vaccination Readiness, a new program that gives health plans the proven technology solutions and support they need to keep members healthy and safe during the forthcoming COVID-19 vaccinations.
Member Vaccination Readiness leverages EnlivenHealth’s industry-leading communications solutions and data analytics capabilities, while tapping into the company’s national network of more than 30,000 retail pharmacies. The newly launched program will help enable health plans to ensure that their members get the COVID-19 vaccine as quickly and safely as possible by:
- Employing advanced data analytics to risk-stratify members for priority vaccinations
- Enabling automated vaccine appointment scheduling through local pharmacies
- Tracking administration and vaccine registry reporting (including to the CDC)
“Health plans are on the frontlines of keeping their member populations healthy and safe during the pandemic and will be playing a critically important role during the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccinations,” said Danny Sanchez, vice president and general manager of EnlivenHealth™. “Meeting the COVID-19 vaccine challenge will require advanced technology solutions that streamline the complicated and time-consuming tasks of risk-stratifying members for priority vaccination, scheduling vaccines, and reporting to registries. Our newly launched program brings together the proven technologies and capabilities needed to optimize the vaccine administration process, allowing health plans to ensure their members’ health, safety and satisfaction, while maximizing plan performance.”
National COVID-19 Vaccine Readiness Survey
A recent EnlivenHealthTM national survey1 found that 99 percent of health plans and 67 percent of pharmacies responding to the survey are either “very concerned” or “somewhat concerned” about people’s willingness to take the COVID-19 vaccine once it is available. Other key findings of the EnlivenHealth™ COVID-19 Vaccine Readiness Survey include:
- 69 percent of health plans and 88 percent of pharmacies plan to risk-stratify their populations to determine who receives the COVID-19 vaccine first.
- 86 percent of health plans and 69 percent of pharmacies intend to undertake marketing and educational programs to inform their members/patients on the importance of getting the vaccine.
- 90 percent of health plans stated they would not require any prior approval before a member can receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- 81 percent of health plans stated they would work with pharmacies to administer the COVID-19 vaccine.
- 77 percent of pharmacies said that because of the COVID-19 pandemic, they would either be adopting or expanding year-round vaccination strategies.
To learn more about the EnlivenHealth™ Member Vaccination Readiness program, visit EnlivenHealth.co.
EnlivenHealth™ provides proven, advanced digital technology solutions for intelligent patient engagement and communications. Deployed by a national network of more than 30,000 retail pharmacies, the EnlivenHealth™ Patient Engagement Platform empowers pharmacies and health plans to significantly improve medication management, adherence and safety for their patient and member populations. Our mission is to help retail pharmacies and health plans support lifelong optimal health, while measurably improving quality scores, retention and profitability. EnlivenHealth™ is a division of Omnicell, Inc., a leading provider of medication management solutions and adherence tools for healthcare systems and pharmacies. To learn more, visit EnlivenHealth.co.
1Based on survey sampling of EnlivenHealthTM retail pharmacy and health plan partners. Results are intended to provide relevant and independent information as to pharmacies’ and health plans’ expectations with respect to COVID-19 readiness. EnlivenHealth™ does not maintain or represent that the information, analyses and/or conclusions necessarily reflect the perspectives of all pharmacies and health plans, and/or the complete market of those involved with COVID-19 readiness.